4.03.2011

Ouna's Closet Interview.


What got you interested in fashion?
“I’ve always liked fashion, since I was in high school people told me I dressed differently. I even got an accessory award! I was always into teen and school spirit, since it was a chance to dress up and be fun. I’ve always been into fashion, my mom used to make all out clothes until she got into an accident. Also, my sister was into fashion and she was in high school in the 80’s so she used to dress like Madonna and with neon colours and huge earrings.”


Who or what inspires you?

“Betsy Johnson, Diane Von Furstenberg and Vivienne Westwood those are my main people I get inspired. Even though they’re grown up they still find that connection with youth that is so important, you need a free spirit.”


What is your favorite fashion era?
“Obviously the 80’s. If I could wear 80’s everyday I would love it! I like bright colours and we live in a tropical island so that’s what we should wear, bright colours and prints!”


What do you like most about the fashion business and your store?
“I like that it’s always changing! I like that they get inspired in the past, which is great for me! What I like about the store is how you can incorporate, it’s all about mixing and matching. That’s what I tell everyone, to take one piece and mix it up.”


What is the price range for your clothing?
“Mostly $15 up. On the online store you can get a better feel about the price range.”


What advice would you give to someone who wants to go into this business?
“This is not easy, it looks easy it looks fabulous but it’s hard. You need to dedicate a lot of time into it. You need to live the lifestyle and be able to teach people and always be on the hunt for new things.”


What made you want to open a vintage store?
“I always wanted to do it; I wanted a store with unique things. Also I like the thrill of the hunt. It’s a part of who I am. I want everyone to be able to wear vintage.”


Do you plan to expand your business?
“Yes! This space is really small. And for what I want, more merchandise, I need more space for people. And with that I can do more activities.”

 


Knowing that vintage isn’t popular in P.R, how do you feel being one of the fewer vintage stores? Do you plan to help? How?
“I love the fact that I’m one of the 1st. I hope people catch on and we should be moving toward that road anyway. It’s very eco friendly, I want people to accept this movement. And I want to help people to learn how to dress using one item many diff way.”



Here are the places you can visit/contact Ouna's Closet:
Facebook
Etsy
Website

*you can find the map in Facebook & the official website*
Photos were taken by Desirée.


2 comments:

  1. I know! Her place is super awesome! So happy to have found more PR fashion bloggers! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! And I know what you mean! I've been on the hunt for other bloggers from here also.

    <3Iv.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...