6.19.2011

Why did I buy this?

 Whilst going through my make-up drawers I found that I keep a lot of products I disliked. Why? What makes us hold on to what we don't like? Personally, I think it's the denial that we spent money on something that turned out to be a waste. Anyway, this is me giving my opinion on why I disliked it. Keep in mind that each product may work differently for you, and if you want to go ahead and buy it then be my guest.


Tarina Tarantino 'Victorian Punk Gem Gloss'

 I bought this because it was in the Sephora baskets while you're in the line waiting to pay. I have ADD, so I get easily distracted and let's face it, T.Tarantino products have really cute packaging. It was $10, so I decided to invest and try it out. I'm not one for lip glosses, not with having a boyfriend... it's impossible but I decided to try it out anyway. It stinks! It smells weird, like plastic and the plastic smell gives me headaches. It's super goop-y and just slime-y... feels like a slug did the macarena all over your lips, yuck! I couldn't get past it, and trust me I definitely tried.
NB Bronzer & Glowdacious by Mark
  
 I've mentioned that I recently got into using bronzers, so I'm always up to trying new brands. Both of these products suffer the same defect. Both look so pretty and like they have so much pigment. Both are also deceivers in my perspective. They're too loose and get everywhere, as you can see in the picture. Then when you apply them, you can see nothing. Like you never applied the product. 


Covergirl & Olay cream blusher & Sephora Mineral Loose Foundation
  
I was sad with these. First, I'd been looking for a nice cream blush and tried the Covergirl one. It's way to expensive and the colour is way to harsh and hard to blend. Then the Sephora one. I mean for $10 it seems divine and like a steal. The powder works the 1st week and then it starts getting cake-y when you apply it. Looks horrible, and even though it's the lightest colour they had, it just didn't fit me. Oh well!

Avon Eyeshadow Quad in Earth Tones

 This one is simple. Pretty colours, but no pigments. You need layers and layers for the colour to kind of show up... EVEN THE WHITE ONE! It's such a shame, since the colours are pretty and warm and usually Avon products are really good. Sigh~

Maybelline Colossal Mascara

 Easy. It's messy and I didn't like it.


I'm all about honesty here. I will be the first to tell you guys when I like a product and when I don't. All of my reviews are based on how the products worked on me. What you choose to do is up to you, I can't stop you if you want to try it out. Also, you may have the product and it may work perfectly for you, but they did not for me.

3 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with all Avon eyeshadows, everything else is good but that -.-'

    ReplyDelete
  2. the collasal mascara didn't work for me either! it clumped my lashes a lot! do more makeup posts like this! i love reading reviews!

    xoxo,
    Miss Nine West

    thebeautyfashionandhealthblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be doing more soon. I just hate buying useless products, geh!
    I have great luck with books though! I usually end up with good ones :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...