9.12.2012

Darling Girl Cosmetics | Indie Company

 Darling Girl Cosmetics is an indie cosmetics company I was first introduced to via a fellow blogger at a meeting. She wiped out her newly arrived goodies and started swatching. The one that blew our mind, and made me check out the store, was this gorgeous pigment called Jeweled Taupe. I'm all for indie companies especially when they have a good variety and has great communication with its clients. The store has so many awesome colors like vibrant reds and duo-chrome pink blushes. 

When buying from the store you have two choices, purchasing a sample size or a full side. This is brilliant since it's always good to try out something before committing to buying it whole... I know I've had my fair share of disappointments. Plus, you need such a small amount of product to cover the intended area. I found that all of the samples I got were very easy to apply and get a good pigmentation from the get go. Some of the blushes, like She-Bop and Neon Trees, are kind of patchy but easily blended out. Aloha, the bronzer, isn't so dark on my fair/olive skin, it's more of a sandy color that works very nice for a very subtle glow. And the prize of the day, Jeweled Taupe, is everything I wanted it to be. It gives such a lovely natural shine. I love how it compliments my eye instead of over powering it. This is one of those products that are inexpensive but look so glamorous and expensive. 

I've definitely learned to check out more indie cosmetics companies. You never know what you could find that is better and cheaper than a lot of other brands. DGC is always posting on their Facebook page, showing new colors and taking suggestions for future projects. This is something that is sometimes lost in more big companies. You could also always find dupes for more expensive products and that is always welcomed in my books. I do suggest you check them out, genuinely. And no, I was not sent nor contacted to review any products. This is a genuine review of the products I got. If you want more in depth specific swatches and reviews just let me know!
Jeweled Taupe, Aloha, She-Bop, Boy Crazy & Neon Trees

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...