7.11.2012

MAC Heavenly Creature Light Year MSF

 Most of you may have already heard or seen MAC's new MSF collection: Heavenly Creature. I first say the collection in one of Allurabeauty's youtube channel where she shows the whole collection plus swatches. Overall, I liked only a few of the collection from seeing them in the video. One of the MSF, Light Year, stood out the most to me and I decided to check it out. When actually getting to the store a couple of weeks later I made one mistake...I didn't have enough time to wander around and see. All of this was rushed and that's a huge no-no with products (especially expensive ones). We need time to see, feel, swatch and think and I went from seeing to buying. Now, I'm not saying I regret my buy, 70% of me is happy I got it, but I should have taken my time.

 Here's the thing, the whole collection is gorgeous. I know not all of it swatches how it's supposed to but overall it is good. My problem with Ligh Year is it has way too many gold sparkles in it. You need to be really light handed when applying it or it just looks unnatural! I swear, I was so overwhelmed when I first applied it. Don't get me wrong, I love the peachy color it gives me. When you get beyond the gold shimmer you get a really healthy fresh glow, but the gold shimmer plays a huge roll on this. I'm kinda hoping the gold shimmer doesn't go all the way through the bottom... Sad, I know. Apart from that, I do love the color on me sans the shimmer. Not a huge disappointment and at least I can walk at night knowing I wont get run over since I have reflectors on my cheeks, right? Silver lining! Have any of you gotten any of the other products?

4 comments:

  1. awesome blog! you have great posts. i followed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not tried any of these out, but I find it a bit of a pet peeve when a blusher has sparkles on it. Before I began dating my boyfriend he would always call me the one with the sparkly face aha - the glitter bits would get everywhere somehow!

    Alice

    http://secretsofawannabecharlotte.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind so much as long as it's a subtle. Shimmer can be lovely as long as it's not over the top. The blush Ligh Year looks lovely but you have to use a light hand.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...