If you have ever wanted to wear the famous and trendy milkmaid braid but you have short hair and thought you couldn't, then read on because I have an alternative hairstyle!
- Bobby Pins
- 2 hair ties
- And someone who knows how to do a french braid (if you don't know how yourself)
I've always loved how the milkmaid braid looks. It looks fresh and trendy, and it's also a very comfortable hairdo. I used to wear it when I had my long hair. When I cut it, it was one of the hairstyles I missed, especially with the heat wave here. So, one day I decided to try a new alternative!
- Part your hair down the middle and tie one of the sides, to get it from interfering.
- Start braiding you hair fairly close to the temple. You want it to go down you head, not up.
- Leave a bit of hair when finishing so you can tie it.
- Do the same on the other side.
- When finished on both sides, take one of the pony tails and bobby pin on the opposite side and do the same with the other. Creating an 'X' shape.
- Curl any loose hairs so they frame your face.
- Add a cute pair of earrings.
- Enjoy your hairstyle!